I want you to skim this list and see if any of these apply to you…
- “Susie, please don’t make me have to ask you again!”
- “If you promise to behave, I’ll give you a treat.”
- “How do you have so much energy?!”
- “Eh, I’ll do it later.”
- *Something of minor inconvenience happens* “I’m DONE.”
- “I’m so bored…”
- “All I do is work; I need something to look forward to.”
- “Oh man, I need to lose some weight… but the gym is so boring, and I don’t want people staring at me!”
- “Why am I always feeling depressed? Why can’t I feel happy?”
Sound familiar, right? Here’s the cool part… It can change! And this is where we, the professionals, come in. You’re probably asking yourself, “Who are you? A therapist? A mentor? A teacher?” And I can assure you, we are all of those things. As Martial Arts Instructors, we have trained for years on how to deal with the most common dilemmas that life throws our way.
As Martial Arts Instructors it is our job and our passion to teach parents how to get their kids to listen the first time, help teens understand the importance of goal setting, and show adults that there’s more to their week than just going to work. We are trained in life.
Don’t get stuck in the same routine. You have the ability to change things to work in your favor, and you don’t have to try and do it alone… The professionals are here to help.